Thursday, August 07, 2008

ARTISTS’ TRAIL: ROUTE 45

As the youngest of four girls, I certainly appreciate the connection that sisters can have. For our Artists’ Trail: Route 45 show, we were lucky to have the Garbers, a wonderful group of sisters from Philadelphia! The Garbers are also a close-knit family of four girls, however, one of the sisters was ready to have a baby so sadly we weren’t able to meet all four. But we’ve been assured by Amy, Lisa, and Kristy that they’d all share the adventure and laughs along the way…and boy, there was a lot to share! They were a hoot!

For my part of the adventure, I enjoyed a little bit of art and a little bit of terror! For the art side, I met a wonderful artist, Ziggy Coyle. Ziggy’s unique works of art which celebrate Rubenesque women in all sorts of scenarios, adorn her beautiful home. And as we learned, the homes of many notable people including Sir Elton John! In addition to the honor of watching Ziggy create works, I also learned that she is grandmother to the drummer of the band, The Killers!

And then I was in for a little bit of terror…at Camp Woodward! The camp is the place to go to learn all extreme sports including BMX biking, skateboarding, inline skating, and snowboarding plus other competitive sports like gymnastics and cheerleading. It’s an amazing place that has such a great energy and you wouldn’t believe the stunts that these talented athletes perform! Of course, I couldn’t visit a place like Woodward without getting a little adrenaline rush of my own. So I took a leap off the half-pipe and took the longest slide ride of my life – it was certainly thrilling and I could not for a minute imagine doing it on a bike…those guys are nuts…and very brave! I have a new found respect for all extreme sportsters – they take it to the limit to give audiences an amazing show!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home