Monday, July 23, 2007

It’s as delicate as a…chainsaw?

I like to consider myself a creative person. Yet, it seems to me that the more Explore PA adventures I enjoy, the more I realize - I’m not that creative at all! And the place where I had this epiphany was at the annual Ridgway Chainsaw Carvers Rendezvous.

The Rendezvous is an international festival where true artists join together, collectively pull their chainsaw chains and set about carving the most amazing works of art! It is truly a sight to behold as you witness an entire tree literally become a statue before you, or better yet, a grizzly bear – and the detail is incredible. And, since weather permits, there is also a great collection of ice sculptures.

The annual festival is the pride of Ridgway and certainly a worthwhile trip. In addition to the chainsaw carvers and ice sculptures there is a charity auction, activities, and lots of fun things to do in the local area.

I was lucky enough to be able to purchase two really unique birdhouses at the Rendezvous that are now displayed proudly in my home. And when anyone asks about them I always share the story of this wonderful and creative Explore PA adventure!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home