Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pythons, giant turtles and the Blues…just an ordinary day in Lycoming County!

I suppose when my Producer Heather asked me if I had any fears or phobias it should have raised a big red flag…but instead, I’ll admit, I was intrigued. What could they possibly have me doing in Lycoming County?

Well, I soon had an idea when I received my itinerary for our shoot and I saw that I would be visiting Clyde Peelings’ Reptiland in Allenwood. What an amazing place! There are thousands of reptiles, giant turtles, poisonous frogs, peacocks, emus, and more!
And luckily, reptiles weren’t on my short list of fears or phobias because upon my arrival I was adorned with a 16 foot Python! It was so heavy that there were three people helping to hold it! Reptiland has been an area favorite for years and Clyde himself has appeared with some of his many creatures on The Tonight Show! If you love lizards, crocodiles or snakes, and more, head to Clyde’s – it’s a total treat!

While in Williamsport, I was also guest to a one-man Blues’ show performed by Sean Farley, one of the many talented musicians that performed at the annual Billtown Blues Festival. In fact, Sean’s band “Black-n-Blues” took first place in March at the Billtown Blues Battle of the Bands which makes them a semifinalist in the International Blues Competition held in Memphis Tennessee in 2008. There will be over 100 bands from all around the world competing for first place. As you will hopefully see in the show, Sean is incredibly talented and his music is great…so we’ll be rooting for the band next year! To learn more, check out the band’s, MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/blacknbluesband
All in all, while a 16 foot Python might give some folks the blues…not me, in fact, I had a ball in Lycoming County!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home