Monday, July 28, 2008

OUTDOOR ADVENTURE POCONO MOUNTAINS (PT 2)



So, you wanted to find out more about my Pocono Outdoor Adventure, yay! Well, since it was a show that celebrated the great outdoors, it seemed only fitting for me to “Take a hike!” And so, I did.

For the hike, I headed for the Pocono Environmental Education Center, better knows as PEEC. The Center is a wonderful place to spend the weekend hiking along some of the quarter million acres in the beautiful Pocono Mountains, kayaking and fishing, and spending the night in a curious looking cabin known as a Yurt. If you’re an outdoorsy type, or just want to give nature a try for the first time, PEEC is certainly a wonderful place to start.



But what would an outdoor adventure be without a trail ride atop a horse? So it was that I hit the trails at Mountain Creek Riding Stables. The slow-paced ride through the beautiful trails is enjoyable for all levels of riders and I highly recommend a stop along your travels in the area. The guides and horse handlers are very experienced and make you feel comfortable every step, or gallop, along the way!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home